The University of Bolton is proud of the excellent students that progress from our partners at Bolton College, Bolton University Technical College (UTC), & Alliance Learning. Therefore, we are delighted to offer a range of Progression Scholarship’s that support students on their journey to higher education at the University of Bolton, and increase accessibility to a range of exciting undergraduate courses and career prospects thereafter. These scholarships can be gained simply through the progression from the stated partners this 2020/2021 academic year, and higher tier scholarships can be gained by exceptional achievement.
The maximum scholarship is worth £3,000. With two other scholarships available worth £2,000, and another worth £1,000.
The scholarship will be paid in three installments, in the first academic year of the course, these installments will be released upon completion of the three UniAsItShouldBe triggers. The triggers are as follows: Complete the full enrolment process, Complete the LEAP AHEAD questionnaire, and finally, complete 15 LEAP online badges.
In order to qualify for the Scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be commencing a full-time three or four-year undergraduate program starting September 2020.
- The award is only available for courses based at the University of Bolton. Students studying with off-campus partners are not eligible.
- For the maximum Scholarship of £3,000. Students must have attained a minimum of 128 UCAS points (ABB/DDM) from qualifications completed this academic year, 2019/2020, and must be progressing from one of the stated partners.
- For the second tier scholarship of £2,000, students must have attained a minimum of 112 UCAS points (BBC/DMM) from qualifications completed this academic year, 2019/2020, and must be progressing from one of the stated partners.
- For the third tier scholarship of £1,000, all other students who are progressing from the stated partners in the 2019/2020, academic year are eligible.
- Qualifications completed in previous years will not be included in the UCAS points required to meet the eligibility requirements. All points must be achieved through a progression from Bolton College, Bolton University Technical College (UTC), or Alliance Learning.
- Any qualifications gained by a student must be recognized on the UCAS tariff. Any qualifications not available on the UCAS tariff will not be included and will not contribute to the total UCAS points needed.
- To be eligible for this award you must be paying full tuition fees either through self-funding, Student Finance, third-party sponsorship, or a combination of these options.
- Students undertaking apprenticeship courses will not be eligible to receive this award.
- Students gaining this scholarship are not eligible to apply for any additional University of Bolton scholarships, and this scholarship will also override the normal £150 UniAsItShouldBe award in the first academic year.
Payment of the Scholarship
The Scholarship will be paid in three installments throughout the first academic year only. Payments will be made to your UniAsItShouldBe card. These funds can be used on the UniAsItShouldBe website to purchase items to help you excel at the University of Bolton. Please see the UniAsItShouldBe website for further details.