Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe. It borders Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Moldova. The official language is Ukrainian.
Below you will find a selection of sources for seeking employment as a foreigner in Ukraine.
General search engines and search engines
With the sites below, you can expect a response rate of 0.5 to 1.0% (people who respond to you to whom you sent your application/resume.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try like you never did know what you are going to come up with or which connections you can make from a simple email or application.
- Work.ua: Work.ua is a great site to start your Ukrainian job search.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor has a lot of opportunities in Kyiv.
- Jooble.com.ua: Jooble.com.ua has a funny name but has serious job openings. The interface is very
- similar to Career Jet. Does anyone know what kind of animal mascot is on their homepage ???
- Jobs.ua: Many vacancies. Take a look after going through the options above.
- Rabota.ria.ua: This site is quite intuitive. The homepage is a bit busy, but don’t be put off.
- Career Jet: I’m sure you are familiar with this giant search engine. They have opportunities in Ukraine.
- Learn for Good: Learn 4 Good has quite a few teaching positions, but I have also seen vacancies for other sectors.
Teaching English is your easiest option (if you are a native English speaker). All of the sites below are very similar and have a huge amount of teaching opportunities in English. Browse each of the sites for job vacancies in Ukraine. Also, check out this cool table from the International TEFL academy showing how much money teachers can expect to earn in different countries around the world.
- ESL employment: not the most beautiful interface, but who needs a nice website if you have so many English teaching assignments to choose from.
- Total ESL: too busy interface, but a wealth of vacancies for teaching abroad.
- ESL Cafe: Dave has done a great job putting together some of the best job openings from around the world.
- Tesall: aggregator of large teaching jobs.
Thoughts from other bloggers and websites
The Recruiting Blogs page tells about finding a job in Ukraine.
Expat Arrivals discusses moving to Ukraine.
Overseas and ex-pat job portals
- Overseas Jobs: I think there is often significant overlap between the posts on this site and those of other sites. Nevertheless, this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information section of my website, you will find where I linked to their worldwide embassy folder. They also have a good job portal.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a tool for building contacts in the field and the location of your interest.
There you have it. The best places to find a job as a foreigner in Ukraine. For information about visas for Ukraine, see my visa page for Ukraine. If you want to spice up your dating life, check out my list of the best online dating sites in Ukraine.