Travel Tips

Permanent Residency in Canada: Discover the Types of Visas You Should Know About


To immigrate and live in Canada permanently, you must obtain a Canadian immigrant visa for permanent residents or a Canadian green card, as it is commonly called. To qualify, you can choose one of the many programs that allow non-Canadian citizens to migrate. Depending on your situation and needs, your immigration attorney or licensed immigration agent can help you obtain a Canadian immigration visa, using the following available options.

Regional Nomination Program (PNP)

The Regional Candidacy Program or PNP is a program designed by the various provinces of Canada to attract potential foreigners to their region. The rules and regulations of this program differ for each area. They are designed according to the requirements of the district and the ability of migrants to live and work in that particular region.

Immigrant visa for entrepreneurs or investors

If you are an entrepreneur, a Canadian business or investor immigration visa may be right for you. People who have a business or management-related experience and can stimulate the country’s economy can apply for this visa. Whether you want to invest or find work, you can apply for permanent immigration visas through federal or regional nomination programs to establish and develop your business in a Canadian province.

Specialized immigration visa

Since there is a massive demand for skilled foreign workers in Canada, skilled workers, and professionals like experienced doctors, hotel managers, academics, management graduates, social workers, engineers, chefs, etc. they can migrate to Canada by obtaining an immigrant visa through this program. You can apply online at one of the three skilled worker schedules to obtain a Canadian immigrant visa. Or, if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you can contact an immigration attorney to process your visa faster.

Take care of the family class.

To be eligible to care for a family reunification category, you must have a parent or family member who is a Canadian citizen and ready to take charge of your immigration. You can apply for a family welfare visa if:

• Your husband, partner, parent, grandparent, dependent child, orphaned brother or sister, nephew, niece or grandchild, or adopted child under 18 years of age, care for you. Also, if the parent who takes care of you is the only and last member of the family, you can apply for this visa.
• The parent who cares for you must be a Canadian citizen or have a permanent visa and must meet the individual care requirements for the family category.

To clarify the criteria for your care and avoid any problems with visa processing, it is best to consult an immigration attorney as part of a family reunification program.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Under this program, international graduates who have obtained two years of undergraduate study at a Canadian university and temporary foreign workers can apply for an immigrant visa. The basic requirements for these individuals are necessary language skills (English and French) and two years of qualified or professional experience in Canada within 24 months from the date of submission of the visa application. If you meet the above requirements and want to live permanently in Canada, it is time to contact an immigration attorney to begin the process.